[transfer-api] Example of globus-connect usage in the API

Bryce Allen ballen at ci.uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 6 17:44:02 CST 2012

I'm not sure what you mean by "operating an endpoint". You can create
an endpoint record for an existing GridFTP server like this:

  api.endpoint_create("myendpointname", hostname="gridftp.example.org")

To create a globusconnect endpoint, just pass is_globus_connect=True
instead of a hostname:

  _, _, result = api.endpoint_create("mygcendpoint",
                                     is_globus_connect=True)
  print "GC setup key: ", result["globus_connect_setup_key"]

Offhand I'm not sure how this varies for GCMU - let me know if you need
a GCMU example.

The Python API is a pretty thin wrapper of the raw API, so these docs
can be instructive, especially the result examples:
https://transfer.api.globusonline.org/v0.10/doc/index.html#endpoint-management

-Bryce