[transfer-api] Can I use cert-based authentication with MyProxy?

Maxim Potekhin potekhin at bnl.gov
Wed Feb 1 10:47:15 CST 2012

Hello Bryce,

thanks for the note.

On 2/1/2012 11:41 AM, Bryce Allen wrote:
> What do you mean by anonymous retrieval? When using the myproxy
> activation method, you send the myproxy username/password to
> globusonline, and globusonline calls myproxy-logon with the appropriate
> myproxy server using that user/pass.
I guess I was referring to myself being unable to activate an EP on
Globus Online
web site, when I specified the CERN instance of MyProxy. This is the
error message
I got on GO web site:

Activate of endpoint 'mxp#MXP_BNL_TEST' failed: Failed to receive
credentials. ERROR from myproxy-server: "<anonymous>" not authorized by
server's default trusted_retrievers policy "<anonymous>" not authorized
by server's authorized_retrievers policy "<anonymous>" not authorized by
server's authorized_renewers policy

I haven't tried similar operation in the Python client, will probably
do... Suspect will
see the same behavior.

Maxim